- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups shaved English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallot
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Shave carrots into thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Combine carrot, cucumber, and shallot. Add carrot and cucumber mixture to rice vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.