- 1/2 pound 68°C Sous Vide Pork
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion confit
- 1 can Hatch Peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Hickory powder
- Flour tortillas
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer.
- Shred the meat into bite-size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, onions, chilies, cheese and spices.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill each flour tortilla with 1/4 cup of the filling.
- Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla up. Secure each tortilla with 2 toothpicks.
- Fry a couple of the chimichangas at a time until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt.