- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling
- Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper, to taste.
- With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices.
- Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
I like to use whole grain bread. If you don’t have grape tomatoes, tomato slices will work too!
Print this Recipe