- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups pinot noir
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Bring the wine to a boil in a saucepan (be careful so it does not boil over!) and cook until reduced to just under 1/4 cup – this took me about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Once wine is cool, combine with softened butter, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly to combine. I had some issues with the butter absorbing all of the wine, so what I did was place the entire bowl in the fridge, and pop it out every 15 minutes or so, mixing really well with a spoon until all of the wine mixed in.
- Once mixed completely, chill in the fridge for about 5 minutes, then form into a square or log with your hands and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to use – best if used after 2-3 days so the flavors can mesh!