- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean pod
- Before beginning, make sure the butter is soft (but not melted): pressing it with your finger should leave a divot.
- Use a mixer to mix the butter until very soft and silky (2 to 3 minutes). Add the berries, vanilla bean seeds, salt and maple syrup. Mix until incorporated.
- This butter lasts about a week in the fridge. If you roll it into a log and wrap it in wax paper and aluminum, it will last about 2 months in the freezer.