- 18 cinnamon graham crackers, broken up
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Special equipment: 8-inch springform pan, food processor, stand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a food processor, pulse crackers until crumbly.
- Slowly drizzle in butter while pulsing until crumbs are moist but still crumbly.
- Press mixture into a springform pan using the bottom of a measuring cup. Make sure the crust goes at least 1-inch up the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks, milk, lime and orange juices and zests.
- Pour into crust and bake until pie sets, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites on medium speed until foamy.
- Slowly add sugar until meringue turns glossy.
- Increase the speed and continue whisking until meringue holds medium soft peaks.
- Top pie decoratively with meringue.
- Broil in the middle of the oven until meringue begins to brown on the top, about 3 minutes.