- 4 ounces (1 stick, 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 heaping teaspoon honey or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Before beginning, make sure the butter is soft (but not melted): pressing it with your finger should leave a divot. If the butter is too firm, it will not blend in with the honey, and the honey will seep out in little beads.
- Use a mixer to mix the butter until very soft and silky (2 to 3 minutes). Drizzle in the honey and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Add the mustard, beer and salt, and beat until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Use immediately, or wrap completely and store in the refrigerator or freezer.