- 1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature but not melted
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste (if desired)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 small lime
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Combine garlic, salt and pepper (if desired), cilantro, lime juice and zest. Mix well.
- Roll up in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- When firm, serve sliced with your choice of food.
Compound butter will last in the refrigerator for about 5 days, in the freezer for a month. Frozen butters should sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.