- 12 pieces string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use).
- Fold bottom corner over cheese.
- Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese.
- Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Yield: 1 dozen.