- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinaigrette and garlic. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5 minutes.
- Turn; top with marinara, basil, tomatoes, artichokes, onions and cheese. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings.