- 6.75 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 pound fresh Black Mission or Brown Turkey figs, stemmed and quartered lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour, almond meal, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. Scatter butter into processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle in oil; pulse to combine. Add ice water; pulse just until combined. Turn mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap; pat into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place figs in a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice; toss gently to combine.
- Unwrap dough. Roll dough on plastic wrap into a 12-inch circle. Arrange dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon figs onto dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of dough over filling to partially cover. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until fruit juices bubble and crust is browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle with almonds. Cut into 10 wedges.