- 1 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces chopped green chile (1/2 a small can) or 1 roasted, peeled, and chopped poblano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Lime Crema
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Put eggs, 1 cup of milk, sour cream, oil and 3 tablespoons of the corn kernels in a blender and blend on high until liquified.
- Combine with dry ingredients and add enough of remaining 1 cup of milk until batter is coming together but still fairly thick.
- Stir in grated cheese, chopped green chile, cumin, scallions and cilantro.
- Spoon onto heated griddle and sprinkle 1tablespoon of corn kernels on each cake before turning.
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Serve with the finished corn cakes.