- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chile paste with garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh lemongrass
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- To prepare salad, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; place on a cutting board. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place steak, lettuce, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Serve immediately.