With a full pound of crabmeat, this is a luxurious dish that captures the fresh flavors of summer. It’s a great way to highlight heirloom tomatoes from your local farmer’s market or, even better, your own garden. A cold soup like vichyssoise or cucumber soup (or gazpacho, if you’re a real tomato lover) makes a perfect pairing.
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe beefsteak tomato
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine rind, 3 tablespoons juice, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons juice mixture.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons juice, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through crab) to remaining juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving.
- Top each serving with 1 cup corn and crab mixture.