This is pure chocolate indulgence, with a whiff of hazelnut. Keep in mind that fondue is more versatile than you may think—it’s a warm sauce to drizzle over cake, ice cream, or yogurt. Be sure to start with a high-quality chocolate for the best flavor and texture.
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups quartered small strawberries
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar and syrup. Cook 10 minutes or until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Pour into a fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame.
- Serve with cake and strawberries.