- 16 ounce can seasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounce can lump white crab meat, drained
- 2 cups frozen, fully-cooked salad shrimp (no need to thaw)
- 1/2 cups salsa verde (green salsa), divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-4 cup half and half (or substitute sour cream)
- 8 corn or flour tortillas (I prefer corn/whole wheat blend)
- finely shredded cabbage, optional
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together beans, crab, shrimp, 1-4 cup salsa, 1/2 cup cheese, and sour cream.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of this filling down the center of each tortilla, fold sides to the middle to cover filling, and place rolled enchiladas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Enchiladas should fit tightly together in the pan.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until combined. Slowly add chicken broth about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking constantly to keep mixture smooth. When all chicken broth is added, bring to a simmer. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, 1/2 cup cheese, 1-4 cup salsa, and half and half. When cheese is melted, turn off heat and pour sauce evenly over prepared enchiladas.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve enchiladas on a bed of shredded cabbage and garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.