- 300 ml Concentrated Orange Juice
- 3 x sheet(s) of gelatin
- 200 ml heavy cream
- Transfer a quarter of the orange juice to a pot.
- Lay the gelatin sheet into the liquid to soften it.
- Warm over low heat until just dissolved.
- Add the rest of the orange juice.
- Blend xanthan into liquid (optional) – If using xanthan, combine it with the orange juice in a blender, and mix thoroughly.Adding xanthan (0.1% of the weight of the liquid) will create a smoother, more durable bubble structure.
- Add the cream
- Chill over an ice bath until cold. This allows the gelatin to set.
- Fill siphon and shake vigorously.
- Charge siphon with one to three cartridges, depending on how many bubbles you want.
- Shake siphon vigorously.
- Dispense foam to test texture; charge again as needed.
- Store in refrigerator, or hold in an ice bath. Use as needed.
Concentrated Orange Juice
This method of concentrating orange juice is based on the fact that juice can be extracted from ice. if you’ve ever made a fruit juice popsicle and sucked on it too hard, you remember that you sucked all the flavor out and had a pure ice-sicle left on the stick! Here’s how to use that.
- Juice your fruit by any method- a hand juicer, a lime squeezer, by hand, nto a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze the juice.
- Set up a container that can hold all of the juice with a narrow funnel on top. Upend frozen juice on top of it.
- Let sit at room temperature while the juice drips out.
- When the ice is sufficiently clear/white, you’re done! Throw out the ice and keep the concentrated juice.
- Repeat freezing/thawing as necessary.