- 2 pounds red and/or yellow new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (225g) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) yellow mustard
- 1/2 (4 g) teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup thinly (170 g) sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1/3 cup (65 g) chopped onion (1 small)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) chopped sweet or dill pickles or sweet or dill pickle relish
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Lettuce leaves (optional)l
- Paprika (optional)
- In a medium saucepan place potatoes, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain well; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
- Stir in the celery, onion, and pickles.
- Add the potatoes and eggs. Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, if desired, line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves.
- Transfer the potato salad to the bowl. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Makes 12 side-dish servings.