If you love the classic lobster roll, but are looking for something easier and less pricey, try this Sous Vide Shrimp Roll recipe. Shrimp is cooked to perfection in the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. Mix it up with a little mayonnaise and herbs, and it’s the perfect filling for a hot dog bun. That’s right, a hot dog bun. Don’t try to get fancy; no artisanal crusty ciabatta here. A cheap, soft, chewy white bread will do. If you’re eating gluten free, serve the shrimp mixture in lettuce leaves instead.
Ingredients for 2
- 1 pound large or medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135°F.
- Seal the shrimp and olive oil in a zip or vacuum seal bag and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon, salt, pepper, and chives and set aside.
- When the shrimp is cooked, remove from the bag, roughly chop, toss with the dressing, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, toast the buns with butter, fill with shrimp salad, and serve.