Jalapenos take the mildness of corn and crab up a notch and add heat and color to a dip so chunky, its almost a meal in itself.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeno chile peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 6 ounce cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Blue corn chips
- In a medium skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, and garlic; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in corn mixture, crabmeat, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer crab mixture to a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with blue corn chips.