Scrambled eggs sous vide are one of the more interesting dishes to cook. The resulting texture is much more like a custard than the sometimes rubbery scrambled eggs we’re used to here in America.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 Pieces of bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 Tablespoon basil, cut into strips
- Parmesan Cheese for grating
- Preheat your sous vide setup to 167F.
- To make the scrambled egg mixture beat together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until mixed well. Grate a few tablespoons of the cheese into the scrambled egg mixture then pour the mixture into a sous vide pouch and add the butter.
- Seal the pouch lightly, shutting off the vacuum when the eggs get close to the opening. A good way to help with this is to hang the sous vide pouch off the edge of your counter when sealing it.
- Once the sous vide setup has preheated, add the pouch with the scrambled eggs to it. You will be initially cooking it for around 10 minutes.
- While the scrambled eggs are cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- After 10 minutes take the egg pouch out of the water and massage it to break up the eggs. Return it to the sous vide setup and cook for another 5-8 minutes, until the mixture begins to firm up.