- Vegetable cooking spray
- 10 cups Perfect Cornbread, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 3-qt. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut cornbread into 2- to 3-inch pieces, and place in prepared dish. (You should have about 10 cups cornbread.)
- Cook butter and thyme in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn golden brown. Remove pan from heat, and whisk in milk and next 2 ingredients until sugar melts.
- Whisk in eggs; pour mixture over cornbread.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over cornbread.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until light brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes.