Crispy proscuitto, caramelized onions, and shredded Gruyere meld together beautifully in this decadent dish.
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce prosciutto, crisped and crumbled
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler to high. Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté spinach and minced garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Layer in prosciutto, caramelized onions, and chives.
- Sprinkle with shredded Gruyere cheese.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are partially set; then broil 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and almost set.