Here’s a delicious way to add fiber to your diet. This pretty French toast dish makes an amazing breakfast or brunch entree. It’s easy to make but looks so special.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip both sides of tortillas in egg mixture.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas in butter over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the berries, banana, yogurt and granola.
- Spoon down the center of tortillas.
- Roll up; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings.