- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in butter until tender; drain.
- Place half the zucchini in the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- In a large owl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream, eggs, salt,
oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Pour into crust.
- Arrange remaining zucchini slices over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the
center comes out clean.
Yield: 6-8 servings.