The perfect combination between spicy and sweet, this Jalapeño jam will definitely awaken your tastebuds. The jam contains Jalapeño peppers (some with seeds in tact) which gives off a mild to hot heat. The apricots help to sweeten the jam and add in a citrus flavor. It is perfect to spread on toast or bagels in the morning with a little bit of cream cheese. It can also be tossed with different meats and used as a marinade. Its spicy sweet flavoring makes this jam extremely versatile.
- 4 Jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (remove seeds from 1 of the peppers, leave seeds for remaining 3)
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package Knox unflavored gelatin
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine Jalapeño peppers, vinegar, sugar, apricots, and bell pepper.
- Heat over high heat until it comes to a boil. Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, quickly stir in gelatin and whisk until it is well incorporated.
- Return to heat and allow mixture to return to a boil.
- Boil for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat and pour into glass jar.
- Let cool to room temperature. Seal jars and place in refrigerator. It will take about 3-4 hours for gelatin to harden.