- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and coarsely mashed
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Gently stir in avocados. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 1 hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 2 cups (sixteen 2-tablespoon servings).
from the test kitchen
For a kicked up version of this guacamole, stir in one or more of the following: 1 seeded, finely chopped jalapeno chile pepper; ¼ cup dairy sour cream; ¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro; ¼ teaspoon ground cumin; and/or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.