Get a whole breakfast–eggs, potatoes and sausage–in every bite of these biscuit cups.
- ⅓ pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon California-style garlic salt or garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup frozen southern-style cubed hash-brown potatoes (from 32-ounces bag)
- 1 16.3 ounce can Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain; return sausage to skillet. Stir flour into sausage. Over medium heat, gradually add milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Stir in salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, parsley flakes, garlic salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- In another 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt ½ tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and almost fork-tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir remaining ½ tablespoon butter into potatoes. Pour egg mixture over potatoes; cook, folding potatoes into egg mixture, just until firm and moist. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; place each biscuit in ungreased 2¾-by-1¼-inch muffin cup. Firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup, forming ½-inch rim. Spoon potato mixture evenly into dough-lined cups. Spoon sausage mixture evenly over potato mixture (cups will be very full).
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until edges of biscuits are deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. If desired, garnish each with fresh parsley.