Healthful spinach is combined with a cheesy filling in a tender biscuit cup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 16.3 ounce can can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces thick-cut slices Canadian bacon, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-ounce) glass custard cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up spinach if necessary, until spinach is hot. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup, pressing dough ¾ of the way up sides of cups. Place heaping 1 tablespoon bacon on dough in bottom of each cup. Top each with spinach mixture. Using finger or end of wooden spoon handle, make 1½-inch-wide indentation in center of each cup. Break 1 egg into each cup. Top each egg with ¼ cup cheese (cups will be full). (If using custard cups, place on large cookie sheet with sides.)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or centers feel firm when touched and biscuits are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to serving plates. Serve warm.