- 112-ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped cashews, pecans or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. In a medium heavy saucepan heat and stir 1 cup of the chocolate pieces, the unsweetened chocolate, and butter until melted. Remove from heat; add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, and baking powder. Beat with wooden spoon until combined, scraping sides of pan. (Mixture will be thin.) Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and surfaces are dull and crackled. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.