- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups (1360 g) coarsely shredded cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup (60g) dairy sour cream, at room temperature
- In a covered 1½-quart saucepan melt butter; add cabbage and salt stir until well coated.
- Add water and salt. Cover, bringing to a steam, then reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar and mustard; cook 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Gently blend in sour cream.