- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 11-ounce can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package (about 5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- Sour cream
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the chicken, cheese, corn, bread crumbs and picante sauce in a medium bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16-inch-by-12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the chicken mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry to within 1-inch of the edges. Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the pastry seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the parsley. Cut 2-inch slits 2 inches apart in the pastry top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Slice and serve warm on the salad greens with the sour cream, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with home-style coleslaw. For dessert serve chilled key lime pie.