This brunch pizza starts with a quick and easy homemade crust and is topped with steamed asparagus, sliced eggs, tomatoes, ham, cheese, and spicy hollandaise.
- 1 ¼-ounce package fast-rising active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120 degrees F)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or fontina cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- Spiced Hollandaise, recipe below
- Coat 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In medium bowl combine yeast and sugar. Stir in water, oil, and ½ tsp. salt. Stir in flours and oats. Cover; let stand in warm place 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With damp hands press dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim asparagus; bias-cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microcook 1 to 2 minutes until crisp-tender; drain. Sprinkle crust with half the cheese. Top with asparagus, sliced eggs, tomatoes, ham, and remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes more. Serve with Spicy Hollandaise for drizzling.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions adding chili powder to dry sauce mix and lemon juice to finished sauce. Serve with pizza.
Makes 6 servings.
Spiced Hollandaise: Prepare one 0.9-ounce envelope hollandaise sauce mix as package directions. Stir in ½ teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.