- Cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound small-curd cottage cheese
- 4 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Swiss or Parmesan cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- ½ cup slivered red bell pepper, optional
- ½ cup slivered onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To prepare the spinach nests, combine eggs, flour and cottage cheese; whisk well. Add spinach, salt and pepper; stir well. (This can be done up to 2 days ahead). Press mixture into prepared dish. Make 8 indentations with the back of a spoon (this is where the eggs will later be placed). Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a spoon, hollow the nests out even more deeply. Break an egg into each indentation. Bake 15 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 minute.
- Place 1 egg and spinach nest on English muffin half. Garnish with slivered red pepper and onion, if desired.