- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup coffee creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or a little more if desired, at room temperature
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add salt and coffee creamer. Stir until creamer is dissolved.
- In a slow, steady stream, whisk in grits. Continue whisking constantly to prevent clumps until they come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until grits are thickened and tender.
- Add butter, stirring to combine; season with salt and pepper. Add more butter, if desired. Serve immediately.