- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite-cut diced tomatoes with Jalapeños
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1 1/2 pounds total
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups hot heat-and-serve white rice
- Heat oven to 350°. Coat a 13-inch-by-9-inch-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and oregano; cook 3 minutes. Stir in hot sauce.
- Place fish in prepared dish. Top with pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon fish and pepper mixture onto plates; serve with rice.
Makes: 4 servings