- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/35 count)
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- ¾ cup cold light beer
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- Vegetable oil
- 12 6-inch fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Mexi-Coleslaw Mix
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, diced avocados, chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Whisk together tempura batter mix, beer, and fajita seasoning in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325°. Dip shrimp in tempura batter, shaking off excess. Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- Serve in warm tortillas with Mexi-Coleslaw Mix and desired toppings.
Tempura Shrimp Salad: Omit tortillas. Prepare 2 batches of Mexi-Coleslaw Mix as directed. Proceed with Tempura Shrimp Tacos recipe as directed through Step 3. Place Mexi-Coleslaw Mix in a serving bowl; top with shrimp. Serve with desired toppings.