- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3-ounce packages chicken flavor Ramen oriental soup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2/3 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ¼ cup chicken broth, warmed
- Cut chicken into ½-inch strips.
- In saucepan, place water and salt and bring to boil over high heat. Add noodles (without flavoring packets), stir to separate and cook about two minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a large deep fry pan or wok, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add garlic and onions; stir-fry until onion is clear, about four minutes. Increase heat to high and add chicken, continuing to stir-fry until chicken is done, about six minutes.
- Push all ingredients to side of pan or wok and add in the center of pan carrots, celery and broth packets. Stir and cook about two minutes. Add cabbage and mix all ingredients together; stir-fry about two minutes more. add cooked noodles and chicken broth, mixing well for about two minutes. Serve immediately with wid, crisp oriental noodles as garnish.
Yields four servings.