- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all- purpose four
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Fresh dill leaves or parsley leaves
- Add the flour to the butter in a saucepan, mix thoroughly, turn on heat to low heat.
- Add the water or broth to the butter/flour mixture base in the saucepan and mix thoroughly. (Tip: at this point, mixing the flour/fat mixture and the broth mixture in the blender removes all lumps thoroughly).
- Turn up he heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the half and half or cream slowly.
- Continue stirring and add the sour cream.
- Simmer until a good consistency.
- Add dill or parsley if desired.
Excellent with Swedish Meatballs or Chicken Enchiladas