- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook the shallots in 1 tablespoon of the butter until shallots are tender. Add curry powder, cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and corn. Remove from the heat. Stir in eggs. Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- In a small bowl, cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into the 2 tablespoons brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over the corn mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden around edges and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Makes 4 to 6 servings