- 1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
- ½ pounds spinach
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter; melted
- 8 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs; beaten
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 onion; chopped
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup cheddar or Swiss cheese; shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Prepare quiche shell; bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Combine spinach, melted butter, bacon, beaten eggs, sea salt, nutmeg, chopped onion, pecans, shredded cheese, half-and-half and pepper. Pour into baked quiche shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Bake until knife inserted off center comes out clean, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes one 9-inch pie